Want a functional yet stylish home office to suit your life? Read on for 10 tips to decorate.
- Decide on the things you’ll want easy access to before shopping for a desk or storage. When you decide what you want in your office, then you can find furniture that suits your work habits. This means your desk won’t be overflowing or your shelving bare.
- Certain colors can impact your mood and spur creativity or productivity. Blue hues are known to help people focus while yellow has a reputation for encouraging creative ideas.
- A chalkboard paint wall makes for a fun wall calendar or changing to-do list. Alternatively, choose a large picture frame you love hang it, and paint the wall space within it with chalkboard paint.
- If your home office accommodates more than one member of the family, differentiate work spaces with unique color schemes.
- Position your desk with a view. If that’s impossible, then consider hanging a gallery wall of photos or paintings so you have an inspirational setting.
- A comfortable desk chair is a must. You don’t want back pain distracting you from what needs to get done.
- If you’re choosing a desk or wall paint color in a neutral shade, add a bright pop of color with your chair or hanging artwork.
- Illuminate your home office with plenty of light through lamps. Mounted lamps will create more desk space. Desk lamps can provide direct task lighting. Floor lamps can help to brighten up the whole room.
- Utilizing the corner of a room for your office? Take advantage of horizontal space with hanging shelves, a tall desk, or narrow book cases to create an efficient nook.
- Beautify your tech by hiding cords out of sight with a cord cover or organizer.
At JR Furniture we have a wide variety of desks, chair, storage, and accent pieces to help you decorate your dream home office!